- 1 pound of seitan, prepared & cut into strips
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic
- Half cup of yogurt (mix some of the yogurt with a little flour, it prevents the yogurt from separating during cooking)
- 4 spoons of butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- serve with potatoes, pasta or rice
Seitan and Mushroom Stroganoff
Cut the Seitan into strips. In a large frying pan heat up your olive oil or butter on medium heat, you want to brown the onions. Add 1 large white onion, diced. Add 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic diced fine. Saute mixture until onions are browned. Then add in your prepared seitan stripsm and let them caramelize a little.
In a different pan start to saute your mushrooms and saute them until soft. Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and some black pepper.
When mushrooms are soft, add them to the Seitan pan and the yogurt mixture and mix well until creamy. Cook on low 15-20 minutes so that the seitan can soak up all the gravy.
Please adjust and learn your own style
Preparation time: 45 minutes